cargo-partner is a leading multinational freight forwarder and integrated logistics provider with particular strength in intercontinental transport solutions. Based in Austria, cargo-partner is present in over 25 countries with more than 2550 employees and continues to grow and expand across the world.
Our employees are highly motivated professionals from many different nations with diverse cultural backgrounds who share a common passion for their work, excellent communication skills and a strong entrepreneurial approach.
We offer an interesting career kick-start for talented people without experience as well as a rewarding opportunity for accomplished logistics and business professionals. We believe in establishing long-term relationships and investing in the continuous development of our employees.
Business Development Manager - Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, & Dallas, TX
Your main tasks:
The Manager of Business Development is an important member in our company.
The tasks include functions consistent with the company's established policies, goals, and objectives.
• Coordinating, directing and leading business development within defined field of responsibility on department level or higher
• Leading, supporting, challenging and monitoring performance of sales force within
• defined field of responsibility
• Own business development activities
• Route management and development of defined markets and trade lanes
• Managing, developing and overseeing global agents relationships for defined markets
• and trade lanes
• Representing interests of the company before third parties
• Coordinates the relations with other sections in the company Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth.
• Working to stringent targets, the job holder will be required to adopt a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business call.
• Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
• Entering the information to my CRM
• Responsible for creating new business through contact with prospective customers in the assigned market.
• Responsible for identifying market trends and competitive rate actions and communicating those trends to the group.
• Responsible for identifying the competitive service strengths and weaknesses of the company and making recommendations to constantly improve
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to travel over 50% of the time and drive a vehicle.
Communication and Working Relationships:
Must be able to interact over the phone, internet, and in person, in order to identify and develop business opportunities and conduct the corresponding research. Requires highly developed interpersonal skills and will need to build relationships with individuals in commercial businesses.
Prior hunting sales experience is required with a minimum of 5 years' in this field.
Our global key competence lies in warehousing and managing complex transports through a variety of transport routes. As an integrated logistics partner, we develop service strategies which, due to a supported transport chain and optimized sales and purchase management, create strong benefits for our customers.
Our organizational framework, innovative IT software, transport and industry market know-how, network development and high productivity service standards are driven and coordinated centrally by our headquarters in Vienna, Austria. However, as a flexible medium-sized business, we also see our competitive advantage in the potential of regional management to provide ample room for customer-oriented solutions.
Our driving forces are local entrepreneurship, competent sales and a customer and service-oriented approach. Our human resources management focuses on the development of logistics experts within the company. One of our strengths lies in attracting and highly motivating the most competent professionals.
We strive for economic and ecological sustainability for our customers, our business partners, our employees and our company.
If you are looking for a vital and challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!